- Walkway Safety Test Method
- Surface to test: Hard surface walkway materials such as ceramic and porcelain tile, polished and un-polished concrete, stone, vinyl, wood and synthetic laminates and such materials with coatings or polishes applied.
- This is a Wet floor test using an SBR test foot and 0.1% SLS solution
- Tests for Dynamic Coefficient of Friction (DCOF)
- Developer: Internationally Recognized Walkway Safety Consensus Standards Developer
The NFSI B101.3 -2020 which is programmed into the TRACSCAN 2.0 is a floor safety test method. Developed by the National Floor Safety Institute, the B101.3 Test Method for Measuring the Wet DCOF of Hard Surface Walkways provides a measurement procedure setting forth DCOF ranges which facilitate remediation of walkway surfaces when warranted. This test method is not recommended for dry surface testing and does not propose to be an accurate measurement method for determining dry surface slip resistance.